These gloves are soft, pliable and great protection from heat and scratches (from metal fabrication in my case). I previously bought the version without the cuff and love them excep for the one issue I complained of in my review: that the thumb is way too long despite a perfect fit in the fingers. I decided to buy the cuffed version (to eliminate a gap between glove and jacket cuff) and planned to have a local leather shop shorten the thumb but this will not be necessary. These gloves do not fit perfectly but come close to fitting both fingers and thumb, with tiny extra space in the finger tips and a small extra space in the thumb tip. I think they will work for picking up small items.
Made in the USA!
Another great glove from American Heritage Glove Company!
These durable goatskin gloves are just like our most popular, all around work gloves, the Ranch Hands except they have a longer, 4" cuff to give your forearm more protection. They are very popular with Utility Workers, Linemen and folks looking for that added protection.
The reasons are obvious once you put a pair on!
- While goatskin is one of the toughest leathers available, its incredible comfort will fool you and whereas cowhide will turn stiff when it gets wet, goatskin retains its suppleness.
- These gloves feature a fully welted thumb, seamless palm and leather band cuff which make them the most comfortable, longest wearing gloves you've ever worn.
- You hardly ever see seamless palms because it's a lot more expensive to cut a whole palm in one piece from a hide than it is to patchwork smaller pieces together.
- These gloves also feature outseams on the back of the palm. The advantage to this type of construction is that there are no seams on the front or back of the hand to rub and irritate your skin.
- Everyone who's ever worn these gloves say they'll outwear multiple pairs of cowhide gloves and they're the best gloves they've ever owned.
- Try a pair yourself... you'll be glad you did and you have nothing to lose with our 100% satisfaction guarantee!
- NOTE: If you're considering ordering a pair of size 7 Ranch Hand Plus, be aware that they will seem stiffer and have to be broken in. Small sizes in this leather are stiffer than regular chore gloves due to the thicker, more durable leather. A more comfortable alternative would be the size 7 Perfect Gardeners.