Ordered what I believe is the largest size but the fit is very snug, takes too much effort to get each hand in! I sent an inquiry immeadiately about the remote possibility of a larger size but no answer yet. I'll keep these if that's the case, but won't return of course.
Made in the USA!
Another great glove from American Heritage Glove Company!
These durable goatskin gloves are just like our most popular, all around work gloves, the Ranch Hands except they have a longer, 4" cuff to give your forearm more protection. They are very popular with Utility Workers, Linemen and folks looking for that added protection.
The reasons are obvious once you put a pair on!
- While goatskin is one of the toughest leathers available, its incredible comfort will fool you and whereas cowhide will turn stiff when it gets wet, goatskin retains its suppleness.
- These gloves feature a fully welted thumb, seamless palm and leather band cuff which make them the most comfortable, longest wearing gloves you've ever worn.
- You hardly ever see seamless palms because it's a lot more expensive to cut a whole palm in one piece from a hide than it is to patchwork smaller pieces together.
- These gloves also feature outseams on the back of the palm. The advantage to this type of construction is that there are no seams on the front or back of the hand to rub and irritate your skin.
- Everyone who's ever worn these gloves say they'll outwear multiple pairs of cowhide gloves and they're the best gloves they've ever owned.
- Try a pair yourself... you'll be glad you did and you have nothing to lose with our 100% satisfaction guarantee!
- NOTE: If you're considering ordering a pair of size 7 Ranch Hand Plus, be aware that they will seem stiffer and have to be broken in. Small sizes in this leather are stiffer than regular chore gloves due to the thicker, more durable leather. A more comfortable alternative would be the size 7 Perfect Gardeners.
Great work gloves for barn and ranch work. Longer cuff keeps hay etc.out. Covered with mink oil and now perfect fit with good dexterity. Highly recommend.
I've had these for about a year and put them through a wide range household landscaping tasks in the hard, rocky Arizona soil. These have held up quite well whereas a different pair of general purpose goat skin work gloves purchased from the hardware store have already worn through the fingertips. They also hold up pretty well to the brutal thorns on all the native desert plants. My only complaint is that the gauntlet, although the right length, is too wide. I wish it fit a little closer to my arm so debris doesn't get scooped in as easily. I also have to say the customer service at Bear Wallow Gloves is outstanding. They sent me two replacement gloves in an attempt to get the right size (I had to go up two sizes from my measurements).
Very high-quality design, materials, and workmanship. They have not come unsewn, anywhere on the glove, after a full year of hard use. I have worn holes in the fingers of the gloves, but the gloves are still solid, and flexible. I came back to buy more gloves, these gloves are the best, forget the rest.
Excellent quality and great fit. My daughter asked for these gloves for Christmas, she loves mine and has borrowed often.
This is my first pair of these gloves and they are super nice for planting. The longer sleeve helps keep the dirt out. The softness of the Bear Wallow gloves keeps my hands from getting tired.
These are seriously the best gloves on the market. The goatskin stays soft and supple and the 4" cuff prevents dirt and other debris from getting into the gloves. I also use them to prune trees and roses as they do a great job at protecting my forearms. This is my second pair and they last forever (I lost my original pair). Bear Wallow is amazing and I love how they personalize each purchase. Can't do better than these gloves--I love them!
The fit and finish, the quality of the leather, the dexterity, the comfort, are all fantastic. All for the same price as the throwaway stuff in the hardware store. I put these on, grabbed my chainsaw, drove my tractor, pulled full-grown thistles, chucked logs, mowed grass - all with impunity and control. I'll wear these till they're through and then I'll buy another, and another.
These are well made, strong gloves that allow good finger movement. My only complaint is that I wish I hadn't listened to their fitting suggestions, specifically they suggest that the gloves will fit very snug if you get the size correlating to your measurement... I can see this probably being true for men, but it would have been nice if this was noted that it probably isn't true for woman. So while these gloves fit me better than anything I could find in a store, I wish I hadn't ordered a size up. I also ordered the garden gloves, but in my "true" size and those are much better (if even a little too big still!).