I have a yardful of Himalayan blackberries to fight, and they're well-armored. The only thorns that made it through the Bear Wallow gloves were the rare ones that punctured right at the glove seams. My hands are a bit short-fingered and wide, so there's a bit of room left at the tips of the thumbs. But that doesn't bother me. The overall construction and leather quality are outstanding. The gauntlets actually come to above my elbows, so I could cut them shorter, but I kind of like the length. I don't end up using the little velcro straps. It's a bit hard to wear long sleeves underneath the gauntlets because the suede is rough and it pushes your sleeves up. These gloves would be good for beekeeping, and if you were doing that, you could tuck sleeves down into the gauntlets and tighten everything down with the velcro straps.
Protector Original Gauntlet Rose Gloves
(Shown with one Velcro Strap attached - comes with two)
- You'll never have to worry again about your hands and arms when pruning your Rose Bushes or Berry Vines... not as long as you're wearing your "Protector" Rose Pruning Gauntlet Gloves from American Heritage. Yes, they're made right here in the USA!
- These beautiful gloves are made from soft, yet durable goatskin long considered by the experts to be the longest wearing and have the best puncture resistance of any natural material. You get real protection ...
- The 12" gauntlets protect your whole forearm, not just part of it and are made from split cowhide that's just stiff enough to stay in place but soft enough to flex with your arm to make working with these gloves a real pleasure.
- As an added bonus, if your forearm isn't a foot long and you'd like to customize the gauntlet length to make it more comfortable, you can cut the gauntlet to fit because there are rivets to keep the seams from unraveling!
- Most people we've talked to won't cut them... they say they're too pretty to cut and the gauntlets are so comfortable, they just wear them up over their elbows.
- Huge range of sizes ...
Nowhere else will you find rose gauntlet gloves in sizes ranging from 6 all the way through 13 (that's equivalent to XX-Small through XXX-Large) and half sizes too!
- Here's a growing list of what our customers are using them for:
- Pruning Roses
- Attacking Berry Vines
- Trimming Brush
- Working with Barbed Wire
- Bee Keeping
- Citrus Pruing and Picking
- Working with Cactus
- Carrying in Fire Wood
- MIG Welding
- Operating Gas Driven Weedeater
- Repairing Fences
The presentation is immaculate. Their after purchase service is quick and helpful. And the gloves look great, and are wonderful to work with. I haven't felt a prick from the roses I've been dealing with which helps me also work a little faster. I no longer get the small welts from dealing with large numbers of roses. A great product.
I am an advocate of quality products. Price is always justified for quality and longevity of product. One of the biggest bonuses is the quality company, size company, attention to detail, positive attitude of proud owners, great website (easy to navigate). AND who could forget MADE IN USA, a plus plus plus
Great gloves! Fit perfectly and work well for rose pruning and deadheading. Service was also excellent.
I bought this gloves to take care of my roses. The gloves is very good quality and fits to my hand perfectly as compare with the size description in the spec. Thick enough to protect my skin but not to tired against the leather. Apart from those I really appreciate about this company as they seem to care about small detail in their products and customers,I am very impressed when I received the package.Bravo!for your service.I definitely recommend this to my friends too.
I just spent two hours reducing a brush pile of barberry. A few warning pricks, but none stuck in the skin. The work was mostly grabbing two fistfuls of cane to feed it through my light weight chipper. Worth every cent. The spines went through all my other gloves as through I wasn't wearing them.
You get what you pay for and these gloves pay off. Absolutely great for wrestling blackberry vines - not a single puncture or scratch. Big Thanks. Also, the hand written thank you note included with the gloves was very classy.
The largest size available is still too snug on my husband's arms. We're considering cutting the gloves at the rivets??? Is that a viable option? (Answer: Yes you can cut the cuffs as long as you cut above the fasteners to keep the seams from running. You can also cut at an angle say from the outside of the elbow to the crook of the elbow... once again always cutting above the fasteners.)
Great protection for rose and cactus. Won't garden without Them! Thank You! Super fast shipping, too!
This is my third pair of Bear Wallor rose gloves. Although I wear them out in about 1 1/2 years, they are the best I have ever found for protecting my hands & arms as I move through my 24 roses, pruning and such. So comfortable and useful!